"Autumn is the season to find contentment at home by paying attention to what we already have."
- Source: theinspiredroom.net
Autumn is one of my favourite seasons. These are some reasons why I love Autumn...
- Mornings sleeping in and snuggling under the doona.
- Relaxing with a hot cuppa on the recliner with a warm throw and Duffus Dawg by my side.
- Sitting outside, feeling warm rays of sunshine on my face.
- Leisurely drives up the mountain enjoying the cool, crisp mountain air, blue skies, and hot breakfasts with coffee, pancakes and all day breakfasts.
- Lots of faraway gazes looking out and contemplating the simple things in life.
- Lazy mornings in PJ's and eating hot, creamy porridge.
- The colours of Autumn...oranges and golden glows of sunlight.
- Soft rain falling outside, giving more meaning to snuggling and contemplation (like it is right now).
- Listening to rustle of the leaves blowing in the wind outside, and feeling warm and safe inside.
- Warm hands on cold faces and cold hands on warm faces and giggles.
- Soft whispers and banter about our simple, silly, everyday goings on.
When Anthony is away, my favourite part is at the end of the day, when the three of us (including Duffus Dawg), jump into our big bed and snuggle to get warm. I read Miss Phil a bedtime story and we often laugh at the silly things that Duffus does at this time of day, as he pokes his head out from under the doona or he circles round and round trying to find a comfortable position, which is usually on top of Philomena or in-between us.
In fact, my favourite thing about Autumn is slowing down and just pottering around at home, enjoying the little things and being grateful for such blessings of love and contentment.
What do you love about Autumn?